There have been some significant imports into China of dairy cattle of late, with two businesses bringing in close to 20,000 head and one of those shipments with a record number for the country.
As Richard Field notes in this month’s edition of Dairy Products China News, for countries like New Zealand demand is evident and this will test plans cease live experts at sea from April of next year.
Difficult questions remain though, as the move opens the door to other exporters. In the mean time, trade is brisk and growing.
Exclusive Chinese dairy market analysis in this issue:
- China's Top 10 Milk Producers in 2021
- Progress of New Dairy Farms of Qingshuihe Youran and Yunxin Industry
- Mass Dairy Cattle Imports of Halo Farming and Beijing Longmu Arrive
- 24 Cross-border Goat Milk IMF On Sale in China
- Monitoring Programme on Veterinary Drug Residues Confirmed
- Dr. Cheese Cleared for Cheese and Cream Project
- Yuanxinyuan Pasture to Build New Dairy Farm in Inner Mongolia
- Junlebao Buys Stakes in Royal Group Subsidiaries
- Mengniu Progresses in Expanding Liquid Dairy Capacity
- Raw Milk Supply: February Milk Price Flatlines
- News in Brief: Russian Alfalfa Approved for China
For full access to our exclusive monthly newsletter with dairy market analysis on China subscribe today.